7/19/07

Oracle
















On a train heading to Delphi, Greece

By this point in my journey i was about 1/2 way through, and I had become aware that I didn't seem to be making much progress on answering either the geographical or existential questions I had pledged myself to resolve. On the long train ride, I realized I was going to what has to be the most famous oracle in the world. That led to this happy tune (and a whole vision of a fire circle moment I intend to surprise you all with eventually...) The chant also reminds me that one of the games I played all summer was to engage in conversation with people "as if" they were an Oracle - which is a delightful practice!

LYRICS:

i'm on my way to the oracle
and i'm ready for what she'll say
i'm searching for solution
and i can't wait another day

tell me what's cooking,
where i could be looking,
tell me when and how
i got a big question
and i'd like it answered... now
cause..


Added 8/17/2009:

i'm lookin' and a listenin'
each and every day
taking note of the things
the world has to say

usin' tools of reflection
to help find connections
perspectives, impressions
new ideas and directions

my eyes see the symbols
and the people bring the sounds
and in what I see and hear
the messages abound


won’t you…
show me a way
what you got to say?
everythings a clue,
and it's right in front of you

open up your ears
livin' life will make it clear
open up your eyes
to the insights in disguise


1...2...3...4...
D..kC..k.kC.Dkt.


No comments: