7/3/14

Zillions!

















Honolulu, HI
 
Grateful summer is here again.  Free time to muse and create!  I'm thinking this may actually be the first song I have written - vs the way I have pasted like themed chants together into longer pieces for my looper or open mic sets. I am SUCH a variety junkie, it only seemed natural to make up a song appreciating that... and, I just love the word "zillions" ;)
LYRICS:

wandering 'round in the forest                                                           
so many different shaped leaves   
curve and line, massive or fine
it's the infinite pattern of goddess
a zillion patterns of god

touching the world all around me                            
so many textures my fingers meet
slick or prickly, fluffy or moist
it's the infinite sensation of goddess
a zillion sensations of god


CHORUS: 
variety, diversity, multiplicity, infinity
scents and sounds and sights surround
tastes and textures do abound!

take a deep breath in the city
endless scents, sour and sweet
pungent or smokey, moldy or fresh                    
it's the infinite aroma of goddess
a zillion aromas of god

i hear the world and it's singing
a symphony of sounds greet my ears
chirps and thumps, bubbles and howls
it's the infinite song of the goddess
a zillion songs of god

CHORUS


all the miraculous flavors
so many things we can eat
savory, tangy, salty and tart
it's the infinite taste of the goddess
a zillion tastes of god

thousands of people surround me
every conceivable form
black or red, yellow or white
it's the infinite face of the goddess
a zillion faces of god

CHORUS
 
i thank the One for variety
the diversity and wonders of life
multiplicity, infinitely
it's a potpourri of the goddess
a potpourri of god
 


RHYTHM:

1...2...3...4...
D.Dk.kC.C.Dk.kC.
 



No comments: