8/23/07

I Am The Miracle





















The abandoned rock-cut house next to the hotel, Uchisar, Turkey... and onwards to Istanbul

...the story of this song will take a bit longer, as this piece is the integration for my summer... and for my life in this moment (writing at the end of the trip). Rather than try to write about it after the fact, I am going to rely on notes from my diary"

I went over to the "rock house" next door and had quite an emotional time... I sat in the cool stillnss with the intention to come to some closure on my personal process for the summer, and instantly what came through were these words: "I am the miracle I have been looking for... I am the Gods gift to life". This triggered a flood of emotion immediately.... and this was followed by a long, tearful, 'In the River" drumming meditation as I felt around for what these words meant and why my reaction was so strong.

What came through (after realizing I needed to get still again in order to hear any answers, and a number of returns from crying by breathing and saying aloud "I am Listening") was:

* I am here to give the gifts that I am

* I need to come with my essence unveiled - to stop holding back from shyness, fear or "they won't be interested".

* I am here to do "Goddess work" - both the perpetuation of valuing the feminine, and of caring for, and being with and in nature

* I am to ask my friends what gifts I have that I could be giving more often.

* Werner's aphorism: "If god told you what you were to do, you would be happy doing it no matter what. What you're doing is what god wants you to do. Be happy."

* More Generosity

* and my "What If There Is Nothing Left To Say...." song.


... at that stage, there was no tune, other than a bit of a melody tenuously attached to the two lines above. The next day was a travel day (Uchisar to Istanbul), and I spent some of the plane time trying to grasp what it all meant.

The next morning the first segment of song arrived right at the end of my morning meditation - again with very powerful emotion. I sang the song over and over all day, pondering the meaning and nuance of each phrase. That afternoon I sent an email request to some of you asking the question I had been guided to pose. One response arrived within hours and that night became part of the 2nd segment. The other responses never arrived - but I suspect there are more verses to the song...

That's the nutshell version. 


















LYRICS:

i am the miracle
that i've been searching for
i am a gift the gods have given
trusting 
in the here and now
with my essence unveiled
grateful and serving the dream

for i choose to be
generosity
vulnerable, present and true
to show how deeply i care
i will be there
offering softness too

I am still and listening


1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...
TkD.D..k.kD.D.TkD..k.kT.T..t.tT.
    Joshua Sunset


No comments: