7/16/07

Diamonds of Light
















On a ferry travelling from Corfu to Iguomenitsa on the Greek mainland.

I had boarded the ferry in the pre-dawn hours, and was excited at the prospect of a sunrise in the middle of the sea, with no buildings or landscape whatsoever. I sought out the farthest forward point on the ship I could reach, and settled into meditation. When I opened my eyes, the sky had begun to lighten, and the sea was glassy smooth reflecting the silvery sheen of the sky. Just as the sun appeared, a faint breeze came up - just enough to separate the reflection of the solar disk into briefly occuring clusters of 20 or so diamonds. As the sun slowly rose, the wind did as well - and the numbers of diamonds grew and grew! Out of the silvery mists ahead appeared the faint silouette of the Greek Coastline, welcoming me.

The night-time verse was a simple adaptation that came through while playing for the full moon later on my trip... and the last verse about people being a miracle joined me in Uchisar in the Cappadocia of Turkey after I had been in the trance of the "Jewels" chant for a long while...

















LYRICS:

diamonds of light in the morning
as the sun rises out of the sea
i can hear mother nature she's calling
"please notice how precious each moment can be"

diamonds of light in the evening
as the moon rises out of the sea
i can hear mother nature she's whispering
"please remember how sacred each moment can be"

this morning my eyes are wide open
to the wonders of life around me
and i see that one miracle is people
in all of our infintite variety

1..2..3..4..
D.C.TT.DD.Ck

No comments: