8/1/07

Great God of Fire

















Riding home after the ocean hot pool, Ikaria

Although a fragment of this chant popped out 4 days prior on Naxos as I watched the Sun set behind the Apollo Gate, this was the day where it all came togther. The Sun played hide and seek with me - disappearing and re-emrging from behind the various ridges and peaks - as I made my way down the mountain towards Armenistis. I have long wanted a sunset chant, since the Family of Fire has so many beautiful songs for sunrise - and sunset is also my favorite time to drum and sing in nature. It's perhaps the most magical time of day for me. The song was originally sparked by the realization that I was rather under-equipped clothing wise and it was going to get cold quickly. Much thanks to the Sun!

LYRICS:

oh great god of fire 
make way for the night
(lift us from the night)

oh father sun we thank you
for your light

for warming us
healing us
guiding us
and growing us

1...2...
D.Ck.kC.
    Bideo

No comments: