8/14/07

Mind Solution





















Lakeside, Egirdir, Turkey

I had started the day with a most yummy meditation on the breezy rooftop (yes, I had decided to stay in Egirdir for a few days!) and was feeling grateful for the experience. The frequency of juicy meditative experiences had been slowly increasing from "never" to "every now and then" - and now seemed to be "when you have had a good night's sleep AND do it first thing while you are most alert AND when you do it outdoors". Walking along the lake, I started riffing on the possible benefits of meditation and had lots of fun with the slightly manic segment...  I am far from being free from "mind pollution", but at the very worst the song functions as a declaration and affirmation of what I intend from meditation in the long run. I know meditation is supposd to be goal-less... but it seems that having such a nice goal in mind it can't hurt!

I also get a big kick out of the very spacious rhythm that I ended up choosing to accompany this chant. It takes some REAL being present for me to sing and play this rhythm at the same time - a meditation in itself!

















LYRICS:

here is a solution for
the mind pollution:
Trust what you know
and go with the flow

the mind seems designed
to drive us crazy
to make us hyperactive
or make us lazy
we can find balance
and inspiration
by relaxing into
gentle meditation

1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...    Chiftitelli
D...t.K...t.K...D...D...T.......


No comments: