8/3/07

Percussion Discussion

















Evdhilos Harbor, Ikaria


So, there I was waiting for the departure ferry... which was late. I'm sleepy and the obvious thing to do...? Make music! Out came my Kosika and a little rhythm-song session began. I ran through whatever song popped into my mind and tried to fit it, regardless of meter or feel, to the arbitrary groove of the Kosika. When my arms finally tired, I had a quick vision of a group of fire circle drummers arriving at tired - and being too far in trance to realize it and let go... I am looking forward with much glee to the first time I can spring this one on friends - and I can't wait to hear what layers they will add!

LYRICS:

it's a percussion discussion
come on, everybody speak!
it's a rhythmic chat
let's make it fat
and find out where we end up at


No comments: