8/22/07

Deities
















Walking along the road back to Uchisar, Turkey

Part of my intention for the journey was to establish some sort of connection with the Divine. During the summer I had been experimenting with talking with Spirit, and that was pretty new for me. At one point I wrote in my diary that: "the foundation for relationship with spirit or guides is belief, not evidence". With that in mind, I had been playing around with song ideas a number of times with the intention of creating a sort of mantra to reinforce my nascent beliefs. The phrase God-Goddess-Spirit-One had been worked a few times, but never seemed to flow into anything else.

It was sundown, and I had caught the very last dolmus (local bus) back towards Uchisar, which had dropped me off about 2K from the village. The road was empty of cars... of everything but nature (which in Cappadocia means it was VERY full where I was). What became the second half of the song slowly blossomed as I walked along until at one point I settled into this soft, gentle sort of rolling sing-song feel. I pulled out my recorder to capture it and immediately after doing so, the first half of the chant sprung out, both melody and word fully formed, all at once. All I had to do was remember it long enough to press record again! I can only assume that it had been brewing unconsciously for a while from all the bits I had worked with earlier, as I recognized some of the snippets. (Or... that God-Goddess-Spirit-One moves in mysterious ways!)

LYRICS:

oh god goddess spirit one
creator of the moon and sun
everywhere I look I see
It's you right in front of me

i hear you in every sound
i can feel you all around
your scent's in the air
you're there in every flavor


1...2...
D.Ck.kD.


No comments: