1/1/08

Sourcerer














Honolulu

One of the practices I have been nurturing since returning from Europe is to make the time to honor and celebrate with the sunset. There's a little hilltop park near my home in Kaimuki with a panoramic view of Waikiki and Honolulu. Most days I ride my bike up there, and settle into what I have come to think of as "DrumSong". I work through my list of chants, practice singing them with the rhythms I have associated with each one, play around with descant ideas... and enjoy the spectacular display of drifting clouds, orange-pink-golden light and the reflections on the ocean. On the evening of January 1st, 2008 I was also reflecting on what goals and "resolutions" I might have for the year... and out popped the first part of the song. Surprise! The other parts happened in rapid succession as the sun sank into the sea and the first day of the new year fell into darkness.

LYRICS:

it's another day, it's another year, it's another moment
the magic starts right here

i am the will, i am the way, i am the source(rer) of the worlds I make

energy and attention, the power of invention


1...2...3...4...
D..kC..k.kC.DkC.

No comments: