8/7/07

Travelling Alone

















Somewhere lost in the hills on a motorbike near Datcha, Turkey

This was a strange period. I had a travelling companion for about a week who was in some ways a twin of my most recent lover. We first met in Kusadasi (my first stop in Turkey) and there was some interesting energy between us so we decided to travel together. Not long after arriving in Datcha, we settled in for our first in depth dialogue... and I discovered that she was 1) all and only about finding a husband, and 2) deeply Christian. Fortunately, she belongs to a class of open minded Christians, who are open to and accepting of other paths, so we were able easily maintain our friendship. This song evolved - once again while riding a motorcycle touring the back roads - as I reflected on the rare and uncommon nature of the people who have become my close friends and lovers. I am constantly amazed that I move daily through hundreds or even thousands of people, with whom I seem to have very little in common. Thank YOU for being the unique person you are!

LYRICS:

i'm travelling alone amidst thousands of people
i'm searching for my family in the teeming mass of life
i'm craving friends who savor deep connection,
live for inspiration
move in unique directions


1...2...3...4...
T..k..T.TkD.D...


No comments: