4/28/08

Love is a Practice






Mokapu'u Point, Hawaii and Masterton, New Zealand

The first part of the chant happened a while back, while driving to a gig on the windward side of Oahu, and has been fidgeting around in my unconscious awaiting further development. The second part unfolded today, on the foundation of a bit of brainstorming I did a few days ago, searching 'round for words that would name key elements of the Practice. Part of the challenge has been that I hoped to guide it towards something that speaks to loving as a practice beyond the paradigm of the romantic.  I'm not entirely sure it's arrived, but it seems to have settled into "it is what it is", so I'm going to leave it alone for now.  Maybe someday you'll revisit this page and the song will have evolved further...?   

On a side note, this is my 50th chant!  Certainly something I never suspected I would do in my life... "I give thanks for unknown blessings already on the way..."
 
LYRICS:

love is a practice
moment by moment
of presencing
and heartfulness

compliments, and forgiving
honesty and empathy
sharing treasures,
pains and pleasures
generosity and safety


1..2..3..4..
D.C.CC.DDktk

No comments: