8/3/07

Spirit Lover














Harborside near Armenistis, Ikaria, Greece

My time on Ikaria had been nurturing, eye opening and also full of deep personal work. I had realized that one song that I wanted was something to bring a sense of clear transition and let-go in my mind and heart with regards a recently changed intimate relationship. Although we had shared wonderful, clear and loving communication and had agreed on a revised framework for our connection, we had not had any time to actually live in that new way of being. I found that I was still feeling a deep attachment to her as a lover and knew that in order to build a strong foundation for our on-going friendship, I would need to do some final letting go. This is another of the songs that had many verses and the plural form shared here is what it finally resolved into - one that applies to all of us as lovers of spirit, growing over the years around the fires.

LYRICS:

spirit lovers
dancing friends
healing playmates
there's no end
to the knowing
and the growing
of what we may yet begin

may we laugh and cry
at the wonders of life
and provoke each other
to reach for new heights
and circle in stillness
reflecting the glow
connect with our eyes
because we know we're

round and around
go deeper down

oh wild creatures of the night
oh bright creatures of the light


1..2..3..4..
D.T.TT.D.D.D  
Sunu

No comments: