8/1/07

I Forgive Me

















Riding a motorcycle on a very scary road traversing the high ridges of Ikaria

I had found out about a place along the south coast where there was a hot springs which emerged in a pool in the ocean... you KNOW I had to go! The drive was on an extremely scary road - no guard rails, vertical drop off and LOTS of wind. The working began with thoughts of purfication, which then lead into rumination on the lingering feelings of grief I had over the ending of my "marriage". What became clear very quickly was that although I had processed, rationalized, reasoned out, understood and accepted the whole thing, I had not done the work of forgiving myself - or her. Over the course of an hour long ride, there were many verses, and many roadside stops as the tears poured out. It would have to be one of the mysteries of life that this particular song-process decided to happen on one of the most dangerous roads I have ever been on. "Do not try this at home".


















LYRICS:

i forgive me, yes i do
for the ending we went through
i never meant to cause us pain
but that's how it went down all the same

i'm glad that we said
i love you
but sad we promised
we'd always be true

for times they change,
and people go
but there's just one thing
i want you to know

i forgive you, yes I do


1..2..3..4..
C.DD.C.DD.C.


...go to the next chant!

No comments: