12/14/07

Cast The Circle
















Honolulu

In the final few days just prior to the Hawaii Fire Tribe Winter Solstice Gathering I was busy plotting new offerings I could bring to the fire to "delight and show my friends how much I love them."  I was also thinking about a "during the night" ritual that was brewing up, and which I was working towards keeping highly participatory and inclusive to all.  Sometimes we have a real challenge in making the fire lighting ritual meet that same criteria, so I started riffing on a weaving song which everyone could sing in order to contribute energetically to the magic of such a moment. 

LYRICS:

together we cast the circle 'round
between heaven and holy ground
a sanctuary of love and light where
we revel in artful play all night

guardians of the watchtowers
east, south, west and north
we summon, honor and welcome you


1..2..3..4..
D.CC.CC.DDkT

No comments: