11/20/07

Takes Gold

















Honolulu

Another in the family of chants fueled by the game of "singing about things we never sing about in the fire circle". I decided that the most insanely unlikely topic possible for a fire circle chant would be "banking" (!?!). This song is probably the most challenging chant I have written to date, and at the same time I think it may well have turned out to be the most clever. I was still having LOTS of fun singing the Burn the Lead chant, with all its alchemical metaphors. The original idea for the song started out at as a "third" part for that chant (and the first line still works well for that). But, in the end, the chant became a delightful statement on the value of investing oneself in a practice of some sort....

LYRICS:

it takes gold to make gold
persistence is the payment toward the premium
i invest myself in the currency of commitment
deposit and compound my interest every day
profit is gained by avoiding self inflation
appreciating assets and balancing my reserves

1...2...3...4...
C.Dk.kCkD.D.C..

No comments: