12/3/07

Makin' Magic









Honolulu

Whee! My long awaited live looping device, the RC-50 Loop Station, arrived at last. After a spin into the instruction manual, and wrangling with wiring a bit, I set down to play with my new music tool. I had been inspired to get the machine after realizing that if I was going to entice new people to the fire circle in Hawaii, I would likely have to go out an perform.  YouTube videos by Imogene Heap and Rico Loop helped me see the potential in terms of both instrumental and compositional layers, and of back-up vocals/harmonies.  This 3 part chant was composed within 10 minutes of "firing it up", as an act of sheer playfulness. 

LYRICS:

makin' magic with my friends

i feel like singin' a song today

happy!  happy, joyous!  happy!


A Capella

No comments: