2/7/10

There In The Silence














Honolulu, Hawaii


For the last few months I have been singing as one of Honolulu's "Kirtan Renegades". Kirtan has its roots in Hinduism, and translates literally as "singing the names of God". It will probably come as no surprise that I have been passionate about bringing songs in English, and this has been supported by a group desire to keep things Interfaith. This song is the result of an intention I set for a Kirtan song to come through, and it's been sneaking in around the edges for the last couple of weeks. Today it all came together... well, at least this far! I'll probably use parts of "Fire Whispers" with it as well.

Lyrics:

you're there in the silence
breathing... life
candle in the stillness
burning, you're the flame

with all my heart I call your name
with all my heart I call your name
with all my heart I call your name
with all my heart I call

1...2...
D..T..T.

No comments: