10/12/08

All That I Need














Auckland Airport, New Zealand

I was riding the shuttle bus from the domestic terminal, over to international, when the song and lyrics popped into my head.  I have been pretty concerned on both the financial and "purpose" fronts by the fact that my work in New Zealand may be coming to a close, and that the current economic climate may result in the end of the Artists in the Schools Program in Hawaii.  On top of that the Hawaii Fire Tribe Winter Solstice Gathering may be in trouble due to the exhorbiant cost of airplane tickets.

The song was an un-summoned reminder that I'm competent and capable, and will no doubt find my way!  

(...and a day later I indeed found out that the Hawaii Artists in the Schools Program, my other source of income, will likely be a casualty of budget cuts in 2009. Ouch!)

LYRICS:

i have all that i need
my head, my hands, my heart and my feet
i have all that i need
my head, my hands, my heart and my feet

my head's for thinkin' and my hands for makin'
my heart's for lovin' and my feet for takin' me

1..2..3..4..
C.C.C.DD.DD.

No comments: