3/28/08

The Fellowship














Honolulu

At the Autumn Equinox Fire Tribe Gathering, a "little bird" let me know that some of my friends had expressed confusion at why I hadn't written any songs for them. This was in response to my having done so for a few special mainland friends who I love deeply but don't see nearly often enough. Inspired both by a desire to create something to show my appreciation for my local friends, and a tinge of guilt... I started thinking about what I would sing about us as a group. The foundation evolved from a couple of phrases from Heinlein's "Stranger in a Strange Land", and one of the terms often used to describe our broader community of fire circle playmates. The main part of the song is heaps of fun, especially the gleeful, mischievous beginning of "We know a secret, and we're gonna tell..." This song is also my very first complete arrangement - using Logic Express, I play and sing all the parts. Anyway, this one is for my friends and family of Fire Tribe Hawaii!

LYRICS:

we know a secret, and we're gonna tell
we've found a pure, remarkable well
it lives whenever we gather again
a fellowship of fire, family and friends

drink deep, never thirst
welcome home, love comes first

we are the builders, and we are the stars
we're the conspirators who step out so far
the strongest of allies in a wild passion play
showing our colors as we dance the new day


1..2..3..4..
T.DD.CC.DD.T

No comments: