8/20/07

Recreate Myself

















Sunrise on the patio overlooking Pigeon Valley, Uchisar, Turkey

Cappadocia is easily one of the most exotic and profoundly beautiful places on our planet. The sensual landscape is filled with what the people there refer to as "fairy chimneys"; bizarre stone formations, and dwellings cut into the rocks. The place is mind altering to say the least. Uchisar was the last rural place I visited on my journey, and so I had set aside a week to simply sit, ruminate on my learnings and make the decisions I set for myself to resolve. I had a sense of being on the edge somehow - that many things were brewing just under the surface - just waiting for me to sit still and feel. The morning after I arrived, I came wide awake at about 5am with the insistent thought that I should go out and watch the sunrise.

I went to the high patio and settled into meditation, as it was just barely getting light in the sky. After a while, I noticed that in the background there was an odd sound - like a faint roaring, or a generator, or...? I had to release annoyance a few times at what seemed like an rude intrusion on the stillness.

When I opened my eyes, I could see that the sun was about to crest the horizon - and in the same instant saw a flicker of light in the deep shadows of the valley in the distance. At that moment nineteen hot air balloons lanuched from the valley and rose to greet the sun! The sound was the gas jets burning to fill the balloons. The whole scene was absolutely gorgeous - the sun, the multicolored balloons rising, the fantastic landscape glowing in rose, and orange and gold. I had never seen a hot air balloon before - and I teared up in delight at the reminder that there is a whole world of new exeriences out there waiting to be discovered. The song started to work its way out as I rose and began to walk down into the valley. I'm not quite sure what else to say - the song speaks pretty strongly for itself.

















LYRICS:

today i recreate myself anew
for magic is who i am
i am endless possibility
i am one with the source i am

as i open my arms out wide to the world
embracing the mystery
i declare that i will live in the here and the now
and reinterpret all that history


Added in March, 2008

dedication to recreation
contemplation and experimentation
cultivation of appreciation
a foundation for revelation
1..2..3..4..
C.DD.TkDD.C.

No comments: