5/21/14

I Bow to You














Honolulu, HI


Well... it's been a long time since I have written anything, as I have simply been deep into singing "traditional" kirtan songs, as well as the multi-faith library.  In truth, I have been feeling the need to be creative in some way, and that combined with conversations about our kirtan group recording a CD provoked me to work on something original.   The notes in parenthesis are mudras that accompany the song....and, you'll note there's no rhythm on this recording as I'm playing the harmonium these days too!

LYRICS:

I bow to You         (namaste heart)
Light of all Life      (hands to heaven)
all around            (chi gung circle)
and all within       (hands to heart)
    
Use me now        (holding tray)
Oh Holy One       (hands to Heaven)
To do your will    (hands to 3rd eye)
and live as love   (lemniscate)

Put my hands in motion
Fill me with Devotion
Bathe me in the Ocean
Of You, Oh Lord, Of You

A Righteous Revelation
Of positive vibration
Fill me with the Ocean
Of You, Oh Lord, Of You


Rhythms: Bhajan and Bideo



No comments: